Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Feelings on Union

How about posting the , city and union involved in the lay-off. There are many things that have to be known. FOr example, even though it was the same union and same company, were all the work locations under the same contract. Although I dont know much about this situation, Im willing to bet this was the case. Companies often avoid consolidation of contracts and work locations just for this reason.

Believe it or not you may have just made a pro-union statement with this story. It looks like the union didnt have the contractual right to get their laid-off members jobs in the other work location. But the company could have did this on their own. On any topoic not covered under the contract the company has the power. The company on their own could have given those people jobs, but they didnt. Why arent you asking why boeing didnt just do it on their own. Companies dont usually make win-win situations on their own, thats why employees need a voice in the workplace. Something so simple as giving laid off workers jobs in another work location was screwed up by the company.

In our little talks I notice you blame unions for alot of management decisions. UNions don't make management deicions. That is something you need to remember. But post a little more info about the lay-off in question and I should be able to give an exact reason why things went the way they did.
This is CABL.com posting #156682. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOVi
Posted in reply to: Re: Feelings on Union by sumahit
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Feelings on Union oldschooldbstech 11/29/2005 7:52:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union sumahit 11/29/2005 7:49:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union FrzFram1 11/29/2005 5:37:00 PM
Re: Feelings on Union lookinatmyfeet 11/29/2005 5:06:00 PM