Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: your input on Verizon doing DTV sales

Well with the Bellsouth installs some of the CSR's told customers that the signal would be coming in via the phonelines! The customer had no idea that a dish, coax and receivers were being installed. Bellsouth CSR's told customers they would get a discount, DTV CSR's told them they didn't get any discount. Many people cancelled at that point (which was when the tech was about half way finished with the install). On all Bellsouth jobs I had to spend atleast 30 minutes explaining things to the customer before doing any work to be sure that if they were going to cancel that they did so before I started the install. Better to waste half an hour with the explaination than waste that time installing something I might end up tearing out.
All this could be eliminated if DTV & whoever they have selling their service were all on the same page with their offers and how the installs are to be done. Most people don't want to do business with a company that can't get it's sh*t together enough to give a real quote on pricing and explain the install process clearly. Problem is neither DTV, Verizon or Bellsouth cares about the customers, all they care is whether or not they have the customers on the hook (under commitment) for a year or two.
This is CABL.com posting #155148. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mOwy
Posted in reply to: Re: your input on Verizon doing DTV sales by dtvsteve
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: your input on Verizon doing DTV sales midspan28 10/31/2005 6:59:00 PM