Create your free account now! Sign up

Complaints Complaints

Dang! Doesn't anyone on here have anything positive to say? I get so sick of reading all the complaining and crying a lot of you guys do on here. I've been contracting for over 6 years now and in the cable business for 9 and I've had nothing but success. Well, I guess I've come across of few short periods of hard times but that's to be expected. I know the money isn't exactly what it used to be but it's still pretty good if you're diversified. I've been installing a lot of VOD and I'm still making over $1500 per week. I'm satisfied with that. I see everyone complaining about prices. Set your own. If you don't like the price, don't do the work. If you can't find work for the price you want, do something else. MSO's do expect probably a little more than they should for the price they pay. This is the reason guys do the crappy work I see all day long. Here's the thing. If you do good work for a company and do a lot of it and everyone else is doing crap work, who does the MSO want working for them? It's simple right? The guys doing the good work. They'll pay more to keep them. This is fact. I use it often. I get much higher rates than a lot of people and this isn't working in some small system. This is in one of the largest cities in the states. They do notice what happens when you leave because their prices aren't high enough. How many of your companies have told an MSO you won't work for the offered price and passed on a job? I'd bet the number is VERY few. Therefore, it's not the MSO's doing, it's yours. Good luck all.
This is CABL.com posting #153005. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNXZ
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Complaints Complaints blur 9/26/2005 9:03:00 AM
Re: Complaints Complaints JavaKick 9/25/2005 5:08:00 AM
Re: Complaints Complaints theloner1950 9/23/2005 3:56:00 PM
Re: Complaints Complaints deleted 9/23/2005 12:58:00 PM
Re: Complaints Complaints norm55 9/23/2005 12:18:00 PM