Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act.

Today is the start of my 25th year in CATV. Some time in the Office for In House, some techie, lots of poles and even more ditches. Being one that has see every side of the fence.....Trey, who are you kidding? If its not for a Union....what would the employee be voting for? And, Unless you are one of them, you will see that the vast majority of those voting "for" a Union are those that "quit 5 years ago and are still there". They want more for nothing. Rather than you (them) spending so much time on getting something for nothing, why not focus on the value you bring to the table, if any. Rather than calling someone that excels in the job a "buttkisser" or crying favoritism, why not call him /her what they are........better than you (them) in work performance.

This Union that has been mentioned here. I was one that has been unsuccessfully recruited when I was hourly...they were a joke then. When I moved into management of a company they were in already, I had employees that had 12 years experience getting less than 11 dollars an hour. The last time visited by a representative was two years prior and the last increase was 3 years. Simply put, they are all about money for themselves. And the only ones that voted yes, were the ones that used up valuable company time in their efforts...the last time I checked, doing non company business on company time can result in Progressive Disciplinary Action which may and can result in termination of employment. Those that were terminated, went through the Counseling, Verbal, Written and Probationary stages. I have little empathy for them.

So, the question remains....If not voting for a Union, Trey and DFW Tecs...1) what is the Employee Free Choice Act? 2) What are they voting for? and 3) Who are they voting to to get the results wanted?
This is CABL.com posting #152803. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNUJ
Posted in reply to: Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act. by Trey9007
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Support the Employee Free Choice Act. Trey9007 9/19/2005 3:23:00 PM