Create your free account now! Sign up

6 month unwritten rule?

I just got banned from a cable company b/c I switched contractors, and the first contractor wasn't doing his job correct. I went to the big shot at the cable company and told him with my one year old & 4 year old, to tell my children that I can't work for 6 months b/c i work for my kids. i was nice to him. He said it was company policy. Yeah it's more like The first contractor I worked for is buddy buddy with this guy. The contractor is mad b/c his best guy quit. And he is doing everything he can to make sure I pay for that.
Shouldn't a contractor before he brings or hires anyone make a contract for them to sign knowing that there is a 6 month unwritten rule to sign off knowing that. Not saying it before you quit or after.
Well maybe it wasn't the smartest move to go to the big shot house with my kids. But to me I don't care about the being banned. It was well worth it to me going to him letting him know how I feel and to see the shock in his eyes. Now I have to move away from here just to work. And the big shot went as far as calling the other cable company's in the area just to let them know my name and that not to hire me.
This is CABL.com posting #151947. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNGV
There are 6 replies to this message
Re: 6 month unwritten rule? gfrr 9/6/2005 6:03:00 PM
Re: 6 month unwritten rule? paulhoover 9/6/2005 9:14:00 AM
Re: 6 month unwritten rule? clqman 9/4/2005 11:09:00 AM
Re: 6 month unwritten rule? SCcabledude 9/4/2005 3:28:00 AM
Re: 6 month unwritten rule? robert f 9/3/2005 10:11:00 PM
Re: 6 month unwritten rule? CLUMSOMETOO 9/3/2005 9:11:00 PM