Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Ok I came over here.

Greetings cableho,

How have you been doing?  I hear what you are saying and I am in agreement with you, also.  I may be the only one who does agree and that is why I thought it might be worth my time to say I understand where you are coming from.  These past couple years I have bit my tongue whenever I have had the urge to say something.  It is such an emotional issue when there is human suffering, I do not ever wish to come across as someone that does not appreciate the price others are willing to pay when serving the public or country and that is how it appears to others who have not seen this government from a skeptic's perspective.  I do not care to argue the issues with anyone anymore, and I am fine with others thinking I am paranoid. I realize that I value human rights, and an individual's soveriegn authority more than I value comfort and/or safety and that is where the basic differences occur between others and myself, generally.  I am angry over many of the costs taken from my personal freedoms dating all the way back to 1914 with the Harrison Tax Act.  I am surprised that others, especially others in this business, do not see us as the terrorists and the only 'Freedom Fighters'  I have found were the inhabitants of this country prior to 1492, Africans fighting slavery, people from India fighting the colonization by Britain, maybe Castro and the militia he organized to invade Baptiste's Cuba, but not this country.

I apologize to anyone I have offended, I do not mean for this to become a free-for-all argument, it has been my opinion, only. And almost daily, I wish I could feel different about what this country represents to me and other people of this planet, honestly, I wish I could feel differently about all of this. 

Oh well, I have said it...

later, Petergunn

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #151841. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNFd
Posted in reply to: Ok I came over here. by cableho
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Ok I came over here. scarecrow 9/6/2005 9:54:00 AM
Re: Ok I came over here. cableho 9/2/2005 7:32:00 AM