Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What Gives !! Another Reply Deleted!

Picture yourself trying to explain to a 4 year old why he really isn't getting less ice cream in his bowl than his sibling, despite what he sees as true. That seems to be the position from which you're arguing.

The rules against advertising are not meant to forbid vendors from participating in public discussions. They are to prevent any one vendor (or its agents) from abusing the free nature of the forum for its own personal gain while hindering everyone else's in the process. Vendors have something to contribute and nobody wants to prevent them from doing so. The occasional "advertisement" is tolerated as a necessary evil. Virtually all of the vendors on here respect that and have no problem understanding the line between helpful contribution and advertisement.

The message you use as an example of the perceived unjustness is a good one:

1) The reply by olyteddy, who by all appearances is not a salesman, suggests a product by a national retail electronics chain, Radio Shack. I hope I don't need to explain why that is not an advertisement.

2) The reply by diddler, full text being "F to KS probe.......Call TVC" -- this is the one I assume you feel slighted by? I see under a dozen postings by this member of which a fraction even relate to a product. Those few, like "Call TVC", easily fall into the "necessary evil" category. For full disclosure, I don't know didler, he is not a paid member, and TVC does not pay anything to this site for advertising. I can't see how anyone would consider allowing this "advertisement" as any form of favoritism.

Now compare to your posts. Many, many dozens, virtually all involving a product you sell. Most include some link to your web site, reference to you, your phone #, etc. Just look at the post you're complaining was moved to private messages:

"I'm a distributor for Sachs & Diamond (THomas & Betts) Here is
a link to my site. http://www.sunsetenterprises.com/view.asp? CAT=Hardware If its not listed on our site, we still can get it. If
you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Shawn Ogren
800.900.9879"

In fact, looking at your post history, I can't understand how you could honestly make the claim that you're somehow being picked on. You have plenty of advertisements on here that haven't been moved or removed. If you can show me another vendor that has more, I'll be very surprised. I sincerely doubt there is anyone, though. I suspect this complaining is just another attempt to get more attention.
This is CABL.com posting #150782. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mNn8
Posted in reply to: Re: What Gives !! Another Reply Deleted! by SUNSET ENTERPRISES
There is 1 reply to this message
Have MSO'S post pricing redrocker80 8/17/2005 8:38:00 PM