Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply.

Notice to ALL Applicants

Please review the following information in order to apply for a position at __________:

• Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position(s) as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
  • Vacant positions are reviewed by our Office of Human Resources; formal interviews usually begin approximately three weeks after the position closing date.
  • Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
  • An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to applicants within four weeks from the date a position closes. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Due to the screening and selection process, responses may sometimes be delayed. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources will respond to all applicants who have submitted applications.

This little "cut-n-paste" from one company I applied to, tells me that my info probably did not end-up in the circular file. It also tells me that I can continue my search efforts, with some reasonable assurance I will be contacted one way or another.

Searching for the right job is stressful, and time consuming enough, without the added stress of wondering if you're even being considered.

The issue about "Money Talk" right off the bat that you brought up Clint Eastwood, is a REAL Turnoff to any employer! That kind of business is normally transacted on a dark street corner.

Even if money is your Most important factor for applying somewhere, it's usually always to your advantage to land the job first, then negotiate the $$$ last. If you're offered the position, then the ball is in your court to negotiate whatever you want... and ultimately accept it, or politely walk out the door!

SLJonesSLJones Communications
This is CABL.com posting #148727. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMQZ
Posted in reply to: Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. by Clint Eastwood
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply.reasonabl Lightmaster 6/29/2005 10:56:00 AM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. CLUMSOMETOO 6/26/2005 3:33:00 PM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. Clint Eastwood 6/26/2005 2:06:00 PM