Create your free account now! Sign up

It sure would be nice to get a reply.

Now, I don't want to jinx myself here... Nor do I hope to cut my nose off to spite my face... However, Now for the BIG BUT...

BUT; when the HR dept. of a company posts a help wanted ad for experienced employees and/or contractors, nation wide...
It sure would be nice to get a reply, if for no other purpose than a show of respect for the caliber of candidate they are looking for.

I recently submitted all my professional information in response to a company ad, posted here. They have posted openings in almost every facet of skill available in our industry, and as we know... "Those who hesitate, usually loose-out".

It makes me wonder, sometimes, if companies are REALLY looking to hire skilled, experienced, and competent employees.... OR just testing the waters.

When I was incorporated, way back when, my partner and I put out a search for help... we were swamped! I mean we had so many responses it was almost ridiculous!! We had responses from people with no qualifications, under qualified, way over qualified, and a lot whom would have fit-the-bill perfectly.

We interviewed for days, looking for the right candidate. The bottom line is... We wasted no time getting back to EVERYONE!

I guess... All I am asking for is a one liner email, stating that my information has been received...(Along with a thousand others), and I will be contacted as soon as possible.

.... Is that asking too much, from a company that you THINK you might want to put your trust into?

Do ya' understand what I'm sayin'?

If a "HR" takes the time to post and ad, then REpost another... can't you first take a moment and mass "Auto" respond to the individuals who responded to the "First" one?

To whom it may concern:
I take my craft, and my skill very serious, please show you do the same.

Thank you,
My name IS my Trademark
SLJonesSLJones Communications
This is CABL.com posting #148655. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMPP
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. Dollie 7/1/2005 5:00:00 PM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. I agree! Lightmaster 6/29/2005 9:35:00 AM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. cablefibertech 6/28/2005 6:46:00 PM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. Rich 6/25/2005 1:19:00 PM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. CLUMSOMETOO 6/25/2005 12:53:00 PM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. Clint Eastwood 6/24/2005 9:41:00 PM
Re: It sure would be nice to get a reply. SLJones 6/24/2005 8:19:00 PM