Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I am not a advisory of Education

Steve,

Early on, you said something about getting rid of the Board Of Education. ( Along with Arts Programs )
It was with that comment that I got the impression that you're not a real big advocate of
the Board Of Ed.    I would hope that you are in favor of Education.  Two different things. 

You've made some excellent points and observations.....
I can't give you an intellegent arguement concerning Government Spending.....  We certainly
agree on this.... Another good point you made is the fact that all that wasted $$$ could be put to
better uses.
$2500.00 Toilet Seat.......?
$1500.00 Hammer.......?
You have a point there......

The analogy you made concerning the California Dept. of Education blowing, how many billions...??
Again, good point, however, although this is not even remotely resembling a responsible allocation of
State funds, and as imperfect as it is, it's seems to be all we've got.    And "NO",  I'm not saying accept it.
It's obvious that it needs to change...Change BIG and change NOW...!  But again, it's all we've got right now.
The $$$ has to get from D.C. to the schools somehow.  I'm all in favor of re-vamping the system, but to
do away with the Board of Education is irresponsible, in my opinion.  It would be a Free-For-All.

No..! I don't want some pale, pasty faced, bespectacled suit telling me what my kids need to learn
or how to learn it.... But until there's a better system in place, the current Board of Ed is what we've got to
work with.  For now.    Don't get me wrong, I'm not being complacent... It's not "Gonna do."
But, we need some kind of entity there to allocate funds, set policy and basically handle it all..... If there
were no Board of Ed, it would be total anarchy when it comes to the school systems.

I know... Which is the better of 2 evils..?
I don't know.... But we can't just toss it out the window without an alternative.....
Now.... I'd be willing to entertain any thoughts of alternatives.... You seem to
be a fairly creative individual.....Any ideas....??? 

Now, I'm gonna quote you and ask what the hell you're talking about...Ok...??

I hereby declare to all the powers to be I can Educate my Children with out your help and I can teach them to respect God, Country, all without the liberal Basis,  Ok.... No problem here.....I'm alright so far..... I'm in favor of Home Schooling, if that's what you're talking about by saying "I can educate my Children without your help."

Now this is where you lose me:
You want your kids subject to the Homosexual Agendas of recruitment in schools the normalizing of there perversion NOT ME
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT...!!!  Do you actually think that someone is advocating homosexuality in the Classrooms or promoting a Homosexual agenda....??  Stop it.

Do you want your kids taught that there is no God and we are all here through an accident called evolution?  Not Me. 
Religion is a personal issue and I don't really think it should be taught in the schools unless it's an added subject that the kids choose to attend.....Shouldn't be shoved down their necks... No matter what side of the fence you come down on.

God has been thrown out Satan Witch craft New age beliefs Islam has been brought In not my Idea nor Ideal of what children should be taught so why should I have to pay for it.
Not my idea either.....See above.....Although, if ya don't like the kind of religous topics your kids are being subjected to, then take the time to teach them at home, or if you like, ask them to attend Church with you.
No matter how hard you try, you can't shield your kids from the world and all it's sh**.  You can teach them good morals, good ethics and common sense.  Hope that you've done your job as a parent... Then, you trust in their good judgement.

Are you going to go to a restaurant and be told what you have to eat and what you have to pay without your permission, I guess not so why do so with the school system, just because that’s the way it is doesn’t make it right, fair, or even justifiable.
No...I'm not going to be told what to eat..... Your analogy kinda works and I agree to a point..... If the issue of what's being taught in the schools is a problem or one does not like the "Menu", there are alternatives in education.....
And, while we're at it, we can also get off our asses and do something about it.  Whatever you feel is the correct thing to do for you and your family, ya get up and start to do something about it...... Seems that the only way to get something changed is to start making noise about it.....

But that gets away from the "Board of Ed issue.... It's not perfect. Not by a long shot.   I'm sure you remember what started all this; you said something to the effect of "Get Rid of the Board of Education"  My answer to that is: not until there's something better in place....

Later,
(-REDACTED-) ">SD

"He had that rare weird electricity about him. That extremely wild and heavy presence that you only see in a person who has abandoned all hope of ever behaving "normally". --- Hunter S Thompson - Fear And Loathing - 1972
This is CABL.com posting #147793. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMBV
Posted in reply to: I am not a advisory of Education by Steve Harvey
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: I am not a advisory of Education Steve Harvey 6/10/2005 4:44:00 AM