Create your free account now! Sign up

Facts came from the National Safety Council

I hope you can comprehend this at a rate of deaths per 100,000. Workers the total number of those employed is not a relevant number, it is the Ratio that is important and relevant to comprehensive thought.
Now if you can not qualify that and understand that then stop reading your only spinning in circles.

The Facts came from the National Safety Council, now when you go look it up be sure to review the bar graph the one I have right here in front of me yes on my desk and I do know how to read, States from 1940-1960 we as a nation now that means the whole U. S.we went from 18 deaths per 100,000 Workers done to about 10 deaths per worker per 100,000.
Now that is almost a 50% improvement all with out OSHA there to take claim for its occurrence.
Now from 1960 to 1965 it leveled off untill around 1965 where from 1965 – 1970 it droped again from 10 deaths per 100,000 to 8 deaths per 100.000.
a 20% improvement ratio this time frame and again no OSHA to thank for its out come.
Osha started in 1970 from 1970 to 1975 there was no difference in death rates staying at the previous 8 deaths per 100,000
Well you go look up the difference OSHA was only there after the fact and it can not be proven that they had any thing better then the free market togive thanks.

Are you still with me Trainer Jake, if so here is the fun part for me,
I would like to kindly as possible point out the Fallacies and feebleness of your other assertion as they are premised with the wrong context. As follows you state”
Your economic argument makes no sense either. That is like saying we don't need police because if someone kills you the law says you can sue them for wrongful death”

No it is not like saying that, there is no correlation between the two it is a spurious argument period

As follows you state”
“How many people here think the average workplace is no safer now than it was 35 years ago?”

Just because OSHA exists since 1970 doesn’t prove that any or all decline in death rates are directly related or due to OSHA. And by the more detailed info I have provided earlier I can and most others could prove that there has been no drastic or even mild event in the Bar graph time line to substantiate otherwise.

As follows you state”
Skimping on safety should not be a business decision left to a CEO or accountant.

Here we can find common ground yet I would go further every single person on the work fore regardless of title or position has responsibility to himself and those around him and should never feel timid on bring to anyone’s attention any value that is not Safe.

3 business close to 26 years never had a workers comp claim or a bad accident look forward to the same over the next 20 years if God will bless.

On that note Take care write back if you like scream yell rant and rave if you feel so.
However I know my facts and I know Governmental systems and I never make a statement in the same regards as warranted as truth and fact unless it is.

Steve Harvey
This is CABL.com posting #147540. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMxQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Yes Trainer Jake get rid of OSHA by trainer jake
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Facts came from the National Safety Council FiberSlasher 6/8/2005 12:04:00 PM