Create your free account now! Sign up

Yes Trainer Jake get rid of OSHA

Well Trainer Jake all I can tell you is this,
If Osha had a real impact on the safety side of Business then one should expect to see a dramatic decline in the death rates per 100,000.00 workers in all areas of Industry. Unfortunately from a purely scientific point of view That never occurred, Hmmmm you may ask well why not. Good question trainer Jake, because in a Free economic society under a rule of Law there are Laws that in place that make the owner of a business liable for the safety of its work force. If they violate such and someone gets injured then it cost them money therefore they have a economic interest in having a safety program of their own. No need for Government to get involved IF OSHA had a real impact on safety then their would have been a very distinct and easily recognized decline in the death rate per 100,000.00 on the actuary tables as published the
National Safety Council Yet it isn’t shown, Facts speak for themselves and the facts bare out my assertion. Ask yourself why does OSHA pull in the vast majority of its fines not for poor Safety practices but for not having the proper form filled out or filed properly, You seem to be like most good brainwashed citizens of this country believing we need the over burden hand of big brother Government to keep us all safe and happy.

Now as an aside I do have a very Strong conviction that safety practices are paramount to a business’s success, for two reasons first I personally know each and everyone who works for me and there families
And I never Ever want to have to make a visit telling them that there Dad, Husband ,brother Son whatever isn’t coming home. Nor do I believe that I could not continue to afford the workers compensation Insurance if such practices were inadequate or ignored, so from a personal point of view in which not all business may or may not have but from a economic value alone it mandates that a business implements and looks after health and safety of its work environment, see greed is not always bad if a business wants to earn and keep earning it has to protect its work force not from a benevolent personal value but purely from a profit value.

Steve Harvey
This is CABL.com posting #147461. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMwz
Posted in reply to: Re: Any Tax proposed hits the middle class hardes by trainer jake
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Yes Trainer Jake get rid of OSHA trainer jake 6/6/2005 9:49:00 AM