Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv and a union

I have been working in the field for more than 10 years now and I for one would work hourly for $20. This is with a gas card, company owned vehicles loaded with ladders, tools, cell phone, etc.

At this rate, the company should be able to fire the non-producers and get good quality techs and be able to produce good work and maintain our quality customer service.

In reality the HSP's seem to be low-balling us and seeing if we will take it. The flaw with low-balling the wage is tech's will drag their feet and try to get OT. In the back of your mind you will look at a 3-box install as $110 and divide that price by your earnings. The techs will not have a good attitude with the customers.

The bottom line is if the HSP's would offer $20 hourly then I would feel better about it and give an honest effort. As it is though, I am putting more energy in trying to get away from DBS work as is a lot of the skilled workers in this field.

If the low wage stands, DTV can kiss their JD powers award goodbye. After all we as techs are the "face" of the company. The only person that the customer meets from DTV is usually the techs.
This is CABL.com posting #147124. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMq8
Posted in reply to: Re: Directv and a union by SatSouth
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Directv and a union johngault 6/1/2005 4:23:00 AM