Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv and a union

oldschool, you are more than right. We ARE the face of the service that we provide, And it will self defeat.
I keep on referring to "circuis toothed carnies" , dunno-just has such a nice 'ring' to it from the things I have seen in the past.

Now you got me on the pedestal which will be yanked from all of us soon.

"Cablevision" was a microwave cable company, that in the early 90's decided to gain capitol through hiring the 'cheaper by the dozens' and recruited anyone with a drivers liscense and at least SOME teeth to install 40 foot, down guyed towers on peoples homes. 1st the job paid pretty good, then the in-tolerant were replaced when the pay slowly trickled, etcetera. To make a long story short-thier installers were making 28 bucks to mount this huge monster of a cable recepticle on customers homes. 3 dollars an xtra outlet. You can believe the sort of person that works for these wages and not wonder why that less than 1 year later (the company) filed for bankruptcy.

HSP'S? a few of them bite rocks. but only the ones you read about here. There are better ones, but good luck finding them and re-locating just to continue what we all did best out of our home computers and trucks, it is a dead duck now. Join HSP or work at PIZZA HUT delivering warm food out of your utility truck.

What I would rather people yell about is being able to stay contractor, but that is pretty far gone. Pray for hurricanes and that will prove itself. Again..

My 2 cents.
This is CABL.com posting #147138. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mMrm
Posted in reply to: Re: Directv and a union by oldschooldbstech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Directv and a union jjellison 6/1/2005 4:43:00 PM