Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Amen!

Hey man,
We all preach to some degree.
Some do with ego-others with mission or purpose. Some do with guilt.
It is up to the reader to turn eyes-blind or not towards direction. Judging these people is not within our right however. It takes a stronger person to NOT govern man and his proclivities, but instead to accept moral, ethical-and even for what some people think are unjustifyable acts of freedoms of religion.
I once asked a pastor of a church, "what about all of the people in Africa in tribes or Buddist people, whay do you say that they are going to hell?" It was just answered because of the way HE was raised/conditioned in to religion itself.
This person had a fellowship, Sundays of course. What I am saying that judgement is contaigous, freedoms are then less valued.

""Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." --CS Lewis

I remind myself of religion often. It's thesis.

I do not congregate in church or believe in books written for faiths own God. Congregation is for prople ONLY and books are too subject to base one thought VS another.
I see God when I flyfish. When I see young people smile at something simple that makes them laugh. The elderly.
But it is not about me, you or anybody else on the earth, I just think that it is all about the way God sees me or you. Thus the relevance becomming out of our hands and into his.
Happy with the way I think, I don't care if Hitler is 'up there'- it is none of my business.
Anybody else out there that thinks that he or she can 'thump a Bible and tell others what they think others what they should do' can go knock on the next door, I'm too busy living.
Good subject, Amen to that.
This is CABL.com posting #145056. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLTM
Posted in reply to: Re: Amen! by NescoSaleRental
There is 1 reply to this message
Judging people is duty Steve Harvey 4/24/2005 4:37:00 PM