Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union

WITH SPELL CHECK YOU SPELL CHECK YOU SOUND FOOLISH AND I TRUUUULY AM SORRY I READ IT! You sound like the old meatgrinder. Is this Mark and playing Steve Harvy and the rest of the other story? Unions are and have been necessary although they do have flaws. Yes they protect lazy untrained employees but they also keep the company from firing good people.
Like let’s say Joe because the boss saw Joe with Bill at the game and Bill is John’s Friend and John used to see the boss’s wife. If my memory serves me right unions were formed to stop (slave labor) and improve the quality of life. There are plenty of problems with unions and mostly I here they support lazy or non-quality workers, and they charge for services not rendered (dues). Yes unfortunately they do protect people that do not want to work but they also make sure Joe keeps his job and that Joe not only gets a fair wage but they make sure he is paid for the work he did. As far as dues goes if they can get $1.50 more an hour and you give them .25 cents an hour (well) sounds like a market economy to me.
I myself don’t believe that unions are bad. They do have problems but I believe our problems are a little deeper than that. It is not the illegal aliens either. I believe it comes from the people hiring the illegal aliens. Not to help fellow human beings but to line their pockets. I just love the joke; they fill American jobs that Americans won’t do. Americans will do the work if paid fairly! What a thought. We go to Wal-Mart and buy products and never bother to see if it was made and assembled in the U.S.A. How can we expect to compete with the rest of the world if we allow our companies to export jobs and import cheep products for free. With our border policy soon companies won’t have to pay shipping to send our jobs elsewhere. When we Americans start to care about ourselves as a whole we will again live the good life. You get what you pay for I’ve seen that on here before. Is that the guy who feels he’s being under paid for what he is doing so he performs to what he thinks he is being paid for? Maybe it’s the guy who starts his Honda goes to Wal-Mart and buy’s the new Nike’s made in South America by kids for 30 cents a day (must be there unions fault for the low wage).
By the way the only time in my life I ever belonged to a union was for a two week period so I could place cable in a G.M. plant. I am not pro-union or non-union I am pro American!
The post here at the bar a little while ago how one cable dog helped another was great but how many of those can you count in the last year?
This is CABL.com posting #144630. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLMU
Posted in reply to: Re: Say comrade do you mean Soviet Union by Steve Harvey
There is 1 reply to this message
Reply to Done right Steve Harvey 4/12/2005 6:23:00 AM