Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish installs question

Onetech,

Thanks for the response.

I still see three things happening.
1. From a performance standpoint the fewer the fittings the better. Therefore, skip the groundblock. .

2.The whole grounding issue is more of a "better than nothing" thing that is contained in codes and specifications so you do it. I have not found anything specifically saying the multiswitch is not to be used.

3. Directv passing on the liability. They contract out installations to protect themselves from liability. For them to give their subscriber legal advice goes beyond their status as a vendor of signal. And also, for them to continue to state as fact that lightning damage could have been prevented by following some other procedure damages you and me, their guys; their contractors.

I was told of a situation where techs were fixing lightning damage and all DTV rigs that were properly grounded were damaged by a nearby lightning hit that entered the buildings through the ground bond. DTV and Dish installations that were NOT grounded had no damage.

Liability, bad news, blame and other stuff rolls down hill. Sorry you got dinged but more disappointed that Directv didn't take the hit. They get the money.

Joe

(confused)
This is CABL.com posting #144059. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mLDH
Posted in reply to: Re: Dish installs question by onetec
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dish installs question Emerger 3/30/2005 10:32:00 AM