Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Satelite

I have now walked the system. The guy that put the system in, used plain old 2 and 3 way splitters as combiners to bring the antenna signal together. He used signal amps on each of the antennae. He the ran it into a old 30 volt Jarrold Line Extender. The first tap he used was a 4 port 17. He the ran his way down the line and used a line splitter to go 2 directions. He used a 2 port 4 tap at the end of each leg. The longest total distance from the LE to the last tap is 1325 feet. I dont have a signal meter so it is really tough to try to figure anything out. We do have a crappy picture on all channels in all units. The units are anywhere from 100 to 250 feet apart. I talked to a person that was involved with Directv and he said that they had a program where if we called this an "Office Complex", that you could use 1 dish and up to 20 receivers for about $65 a month. He didnt know anything about distance restrictions or about whether we could insert it into our feeder. He did say he thought they had amps if the distance was to great. I was thinking of borrowing a Dish Network setup from a neighbor and "installing" it and just experimenting. I figure if we could get a satelite deal working, the boss would just eliminate the antennae system. Thanks
This is CABL.com posting #141757. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mK2z
Posted in reply to: Re: Satelite by FUNNYFARM
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Satelite voices 2/3/2005 9:27:00 PM