Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Satelite

How many units per building and how many outlets are you trying to feed per unit? Are you planning on providing both cable and DTV signal to the units? I currently do DTV in MDU's where we also have a 25 channels cable line up. In most cases we have a dish per building feeding into an amp, then combine the cable channels with the DTV signal using a diplexer or a multiswitch. This will allow you to send both signals to each outlet that is wired to the multiswitch. This would be the cheapest way.

If the buildings are wired with homeruns to a splitter somewhere in the unit then you can use a stacked LNB ($128) on your dish OR a stacker($128) in the box that will allow you to send both cable and dtv signal into the unit. You would have to replace the splitter in the unit with a high pass splitter (5-2150) so it will pass the high freqs of the DTV and cable. Then you can feed all the outlets in the unit with both signals. Also a small bullet amp($10) would probably be needed

If the buildings are fairly close together you can get away with using one dish to feed 2 buildings but you have to have a good DTV amp to push the signal well enough to make it to the 2nd building. If you get runs that are over 200ft from the dish you can start having some troubles with getting a good signal.

Of course the easy thing to do would be to put a dish up at the H/E and feed both signals down the cable system. However you can't really do this. When you get over 200ft from the dish you will run into trouble. It's not like cable where you can just amp it up along the way to the end of the system.

There are other more expensive ways to do this. A fiber system is another way to feed the high freqs of DTV signal from building to building. It's very reliable but also expensive. I'm sure this is not the way your boss would want it but it is another option.

I hope this helps you some. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.
This is CABL.com posting #141593. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKZV
Posted in reply to: Satelite by Junior437t
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Satelite Junior437t 2/3/2005 8:37:00 AM