Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Where are all the stories?

I've got another one for you, we were finishing up the W/O in Macon Ga., we would go out early Sunday mornings and get all the bad crossings, interstates down town intersections and so on, well we had this one going out of Macon, it was on a bad corner and I guess you could classify it as a high way crossing, I mean I had 2 lanes in both directions with a medium, 65 mph traffic anyway I climb up there, I have 3 guys on the ground to get the cable out of there once it hit the ground, I had cut the cable, and had my bolt bites on the strand and was watching for an opening, well I smoked 3 cigarettes and then there wasn't any traffic coming around the corner at me, I looked back and saw this one white sadan coming, so I looked straight a head at the corner and just as soon as I saw the white car out of the corner of my eye I cut her, well what I didn't see was the blue car behind it! That cable came down between the white and the blue car, and they are flying, thump, thump, the blue car went right over it with so much as even hitting the brake lights, the guys on the ground were stunned, it fact I had to yell "Hey let's go get that ****ing cable off the road!" They had all thought I did it on purpose, timed it just right, I came down, got in my truck, hit the store and got me a 16 oz pounder and just sat there for a minute and shook it off, I never did tell them any different though.
it's easyer to ask for forgiveness than permission
This is CABL.com posting #141567. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKZv
Posted in reply to: Where are all the stories? by daveahertz
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Where are all the stories? drifterdawg 1/30/2005 8:50:00 PM