Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: You sit in a hotel room for a grand a week?!!!

I see the issue being that all the sweep and construction type work has dried up. Six years ago when system sweep work was the ticket for contracting resources a paycheck for 5K per week was not uncommon. When sweep work dried up everyone went for the system up-grade projects making a little more than half the wages. Now the up-grade projects are about dried up and the only option is end-user installations, if you choose to stay in the business.
Installation contacting has been around for the last twenty plus years and in most cases as been a stepping stone for younger folks (out of high school) to start their life. Making up to 1K a week for a high school graduate is not a bad start in life. They usally have a life span on the installation side of the business for three years, and move on.

I guess the point I am trying to make is if you are an experienced technical/construction tehnician and expect to make the same wages you made in the past years, installation work is not for you.
This is CABL.com posting #140595. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKJP
Posted in reply to: You sit in a hotel room for a grand a week?!!!! by inthewoods
There are 2 replies to this message
They only pay piece work to rip you off. inthewoods 1/18/2005 8:34:00 PM
Re: You sit in a hotel room for a grand a week?!!! SCcabledude 1/14/2005 4:30:00 AM