Create your free account now! Sign up

You sit in a hotel room for a grand a week?!!!!

Anyone ever see that movie Northwest Passage, where Spencer Tracy catches a guy gleefully eating the head of an Abenaqui indian. The ranger was willing to share but he didn't think the other men were "hungry enough" yet.

That's pretty much the state of cable tv. There's work, but are you HUNGRY ENOUGH to do it?

Don't embarass yourself and tell us about your current hard times.
I turned down a contracting gig for about the same money you're making because I knew at the end of the year I'd be as broke as I was when I started. I spent three years on the road and if I was ever faced with those kind of numbers on a regular basis, I was on my way home. Only time I'd stay was to finish the project though so as to not leave the next guy in a sling.

My best day ever was $2400 bucks, and I'm absolutely positive their are people on this board who would put that number to shame. But that's construction, much different than installs. I've got no problem with construction wages. My point is that for a professional technician with a life and family, installs are a waste of time.

To give up your life and live on the road, you need to be compensated, not make the same there as you could here or there or anywhere. That's why the mso's were willing to pay top dollar to get the primo help-because they knew a project a month ahead was a hell of a lot cheaper than a month behind. Now they could care less. What's their huryy, they own it all-where's the competition?
This is CABL.com posting #140581. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKJB
Posted in reply to: Re: by Jthomas7
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: You sit in a hotel room for a grand a week?!!! Pressure Tap 1/13/2005 9:41:00 PM