Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: would you hook a pole for $5.00?

In this industry there are only a few things that are consistant. There has always been poles to climb and there always will. Evan after 1 year that should be old hat. In this industry you have to learn to take the good with the bad. Not every job will pay $50 and not every job will pay $5 so you cant count your chicks before they hatch. In my expierance the techs that complain all the time are not the ones that get big$ routs or get much help when there stuck. Techs that go the extra mile do get better treatment when they do it because helping other employes is the right thing to do. Most do it not looking for a reward but looking at it as helping there neighbor. People that help out, but complian the hole time, normaly have there hand out looking for it to be filled. I live by the idea that you wash my back Ill wash yours and if you complain all the time I will give you something to complain about.
The other consistant fact in this industry is it is consistanly changing. HSI installs used to take a tech with good computer skills, up to 2 hours to hours to complete. At that time it paid good. Now it has become common knowledge and MSO's now send the modem and a install kit to the sub because the process is simple. The main reason for most price cuts is because it doesnt take as long to perform the task as it used to. But price cuts come from every mso and that is another consistancy in this buisness.
Whenever I am not happy with the money I make for the work I have to do, I look for another job if nothing can be resolved at the one Im at. There is no point in being misrable at any job its just a job.
This is CABL.com posting #140326. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKFu
Posted in reply to: would you hook a pole for $5.00? by inthewoods
There is 1 reply to this message
"good with the bad" is an excuse to abuse inthewoods 1/10/2005 8:56:00 PM