Create your free account now! Sign up

"good with the bad" is an excuse to abuse

I do all the garbage work now because when the winter comes I'll be the guy scratching by for 5-600 (subtract 200 for expenses)hundred a week while the loosers I carried in the summer will get fired. Right? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Well after 10 winters in this business I'll tell you I can guarantee that the same losers who were let go during the slow period will be back in the door come whatever time the "BOSS" needs them.

Two months ago I asked a question "Can you really make money doing installs?"

I'm telling the world that there is no cable guy in any system within an hour of Boston Massachusetts that averages more than $12-15 dollars an hour. And the real average is closer to $9! Once you count your tools, time, truck, and lost benifits of the "indepentant contractor" This scheme is a joke.

Comcast doesn't hire. The last time they did it was for 8.50
Prime contractors want subs, but will hire employees for around $9 bucks, just don't plan on any health benifits.

OOOOH, but you can be a sub for them. Be your own boss! That's pretty cool, drive your own truck, burn your own gas, waste your own time driving to hook a pole for $5 dollars.

Just don't ever open you mouth. Take whatever they give you and ask for more, cause when the slow time comes you'll be the sub taken care of. (wave)
This is CABL.com posting #140424. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKG4
Posted in reply to: Re: would you hook a pole for $5.00? by justmy2cents
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: SCcabledude 1/11/2005 3:56:00 AM
Re: Jthomas7 1/11/2005 1:45:00 AM