Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Any body ever thought of a career change?

Thought about it, did it. Knew it was time to look for a career change when I came home from Cali last year and my son ran to his momma and cried, "mommy, that man is back in the house again." With that and the low pay in the industry today my mind was made up. However, it still took a year of doing nothing before I could put my heart into looking for another line of work. A true dawg can't just throw away 17+ years in the business. Freshly creosoted poles, splinters in the hand, humping a ladder into the easement so you can hit a poison ivy choked location, splicing in the elements and trying to keep **** dry and playing, etc, seeps deep into your soul and is hard to quit. Alas, all things must come to an end. At least to a temporary halt. SSSSooooooo, I took a job that pays ALOT less than I was accustomed, have benefits so the little guy can afford to get sick or hurt and am home every night to tuck him in. Not to mention, the 'ole lady' is much more fun to cuddle with at night than a motel pillow. Don't have to tighten the belt too much because the 'ole lady's' SSDI came through. All-in-all I am happy right now. But as many of the other postings mentioned, "you never know what tomorrow may bring." Therefore, my hooks, wescos, meter and all hand tools stay packed, ready for travel. Guess maybe my fantasy about old school prices and travel are still alive. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
This is CABL.com posting #139613. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mKtZ
Posted in reply to: Any body ever thought of a career change? by monk
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Any body ever thought of a career change? skibum 12/14/2004 8:31:00 PM
Re: Any body ever thought of a career change? cabl trash 12/14/2004 7:29:00 AM
check out my last post in casual cableho 12/14/2004 1:12:00 AM