Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Another PrimeTV went down today

Everyone,
I would like to do my best to correct the record and inform you about the facts surrounding Direct Activation and Direct Installation. I am Jim, one of the regional managers for Direct Installation. Direct activation declared bankruptcy on August 5th with no warning at all. Direct Installation was partially a SEPARATE ENTITY from Direct Activation. We ran offices in 12 cities around the country and did their DTV installs for them. As a regional manager I was never involved directly with the upper management at Direct Activation, they made sure of that, and I had no influence or involvement with upper level accounting or management functions. I ran 3 installation offices and recruited installers, just basically kept them running. As a result of the fallout Ive also taken a loss of pay and am unsure if Im getting paid until the dust settles next week. The only ones who knew about what was going to happen were the Direct Activation owners. Direct Installation cant pay for DTV installs if they are not paid for them from Direct Activation or DTV. Mykal Martin has been left holding this debt bag thats probably in the half million dollar range, and if he ran DTV this wouldnt be happening and we would all love this business.

I am actually still not 100% sure of what the reasons were for them closing. Ive heard they were selling bad deals, that its Murdock wanting it all back in-house, that their churn ratio was to high.......but whatever the reason, its just another saga in the world of satellite.
As far as hiring for Birmingham, yes Direct Installation is doing Dish Network work for a few RSP's in a few cities. These people all get paid on time, and in full and the RSP's are very satisfied.
I would be the first one in line if someone wanted to start an installers union. This industry needs reform and in my discussions with SBCA officials they would love to police it but it would have to start with DTV and DISH, and for some reason they're happy with status quo. Their work is getting done and thats what matters to them, as in any big corporation.
I dont know anything about Global Satellite, and just tried to call that number and it keeps saying to hold for the next available rep.
Please reply and I will answer any other questions I can, but this is most of what I know.
This is CABL.com posting #133925. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mI0f
Posted in reply to: Re: Another PrimeTV went down today by WJOHN
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Another PrimeTV went down today WJOHN 8/9/2004 8:16:00 PM
Re: Another PrimeTV went down today WJOHN 8/7/2004 8:20:00 PM
Re: Another PrimeTV went down today installdude 8/7/2004 8:10:00 PM