Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Re:Have you tried?

Sounds like here.... when they first came to town, I was working through worldbridge... was making an average of $1000 a week, as soon as CTIS got here, worldbridge was ousted so I had to go with the new contracter; CTIS. At first all I did was modems and related RF for the job.... no RF only jobs... was making money like crazy... I had all my own tools to start so i did not need to buy from the company... was banking like $1600 a week on a average week.. home by 6 every night and did not start until close to 9 every morning because they did not get the work from Comcast until like 8 and then had to route the work... Then we started to lose stuff like wall fishes.... did one on every job.... every AO I put in was a wall fish... free money... gotta put the line in anyways... Then they started to cut the pay, then we had to be emplayees, then they took taxes, then we were required to have a meter... had to buy one from CTIS for $1500... I already had a Nextel of my own and the guys who did not have one had to rent one with 2-way service from CTIS for $20 a week... I pay $90 a month for mine with unlimited in coming phone, 1200 outgoing and unlimited 2-way... these guys did not even have phone service on the phones.... rip off.... turned out, they had to go employee based becauses thats what Comcast wanted... but they still use all the contracter clauses when it suites them, and the emplayer stuff when it suites them.... they are getting the best of both worlds there.... and so much of it is against the Tennessee/Federal employee/employer statutes.... such as any specialized tool REQUIRED for the employee to do thier job must be furnished to the employee by the employer at no cost to the employee.... they will not work a guy if he does not have a nextel or will not rent one from them.... the meters are now rented to the employee at 15 a week... it is just BS, and they are allowed to get away with it.... they still require the employee to use thier own auto, but will not furnish a gas payment plan..... BTW, I heard that Comcast is requiring CTIS to provide all employees with company trucks/vans that are fully stocked.... Was told that Miami already has the trucks and Chattanooga is next on the list... everyones pay is going to go down that much more....
This is CABL.com posting #133517. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mITF
Posted in reply to: Re: Re:Have you tried? by SCcabledude
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Re:Have you tried? SCcabledude 8/1/2004 1:58:00 AM