Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: any info on am broad band - Soap Box Stand

Here's my $ .02 worth on the subject matter:

AM Communications has divested itself and has retained its core engineering apparatus like their telemetry products et al.

The two new companies are the following:

MJ is now head of what's known as AM Tech. I am trusting that Michael is continuing his network construction business which includes but not limited to coax, fiber, and copper.

AM Broadband (LLC ?) is made up of the principal founders of the ole' SRS senior leadership plus some of the Folks from Nextlink. Together they've combined to continue with their Fulfillment (Installation) and special project specialties like Auditing, Engineering, MDU, CModem, and Construction related projects. Speaking from personal experiences, I have worked for MJ and built systems for/with him in the '80's up to just last year and enjoyed a healthy and profitable relationship. with him and most of his staff. I also know personally, the principals of the old SRS group where once again, have enjoyed a tremendous business relationship for over the past 14 years. So, I'm biased!! These experiences and relationships are based upon credibility, ethic, and the ability to get things done.

I've been reading a lot on this particular thread and in my humble opinion, you folks who've been previously screwed by whomever and for whatever reason should have by now chalked up those experiences and have learned much about protecting your best interests as well as general business practices. Now, I'm stepping up onto the soap-box......

Today's business environment is 180 degrees out of phase compared to the industry 25 years ago. Work availability is less; financial margins have been shrinking steadily since the MSO's have focused on their expense lines as they are directly related to their revenue line; Some existing contractor companies are clearly less ethical and conduct themselves in a non-homogenous manner and do their best to prevent outflow of their cash to anyone. What does this mean (In part)? As a sub-contractor and general contractor you have to be meticulously cautious with whom you enter into an agreement with. Forget the days of verbal or hand-shake agreements. Though they are still considered bone-fide and enforceable, they are virtually worthless unless you have in your possession clear cut guidelines which describe the activity that you will perform and what codicils exist for any type of remediation (Quality assurance...etc.). I digress. The bottom line here is that you have to cover your ASSets and if that means talking to a lawyer, then do it!

This is just my opinion, I could certainly be wrong. <Dennis Miller>

Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #127372. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHiy
Posted in reply to: Re: any info on am broad band by plantman
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: any info on am broad band - Soap Box Stand Ringcut2000 3/4/2004 9:58:00 PM
Re: any info on am broad band - Soap Box Stand debi bauer 2/29/2004 8:47:00 PM