Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: any info on am broad band - Soap Box Stand

My hat is off to Dennis. This was well said and should be clearly understood.

All companies, and I do mean ALL companies, keep both eyes on the profits. From the MSO to the sub of a sub, if the profit margins are not acceptable, then adjustments must be made to the expenditures.

If you, as a sub, are not making a profit that you can accept, then the decision is yours. Do you cut your expenses or do you find a way to increase your revenue stream? Or both. Never sacrifice your reputation for any reason.

Blasting the Prime for accepting lower pricing is not the answer. More than likely, it is forced on him by the MSO. And the MSO is answering to their stockholders. It is the stockholders that are dealing the cards. Jobs are not easy to come by, don't blame someone for accepting the job. If prime #1 turns it down, #2 will take it. Any way you look at it, it is going to be done.

I am a stockholder, and can tell you, I look at the price of the stocks daily and count my gain\ loss without thinking of the people down the chain. I'm not saying it is right, I'm not saying I have a solution, only stating what should be obvious to every one.

This is CABL.com posting #127373. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mHiz
Posted in reply to: Re: any info on am broad band - Soap Box Stand by Zoots Alures
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: any info on am broad band - Soap Box Stand Zoots Alures 3/1/2004 9:19:00 AM