Create your free account now! Sign up

Routing contact info...

Greetings,

I am writing to ask if there is an alternative method for contacting prospecive Contractors without routing  professional and personal information through the 'Bar'.  Responding to posts through the current 'Click for E-mail;'  leaves too much un-known.  This method also opens your site to un-necessary liability, not financially, rather, morally and ethically.

Could you please ask that their  e-mail be left as contact info so that we may write them directly? 

I am not without concerns of my own in the fact that companies ask for resume's to begin with and this just adds to my apprehension.  From my perspective, When a possible candidate shows up on the job the Contractor will know the ability of the person by the work perfomed, if not sooner, and the Contractor is out only time involved and any work that needs to be repaired before Quality Control caught up with the imposter.  The SubContractor, on the other hand, can and is, usually out several weeks pay, several weeks living and moving expenses prior to finding out they are working for a deadbeat Contractor.  I understand  this is not any concern of the 'Bar's' nor should it be, I am suggesting the contemplation of the situation I have found myself in by now including, yet another, variable into the priviledged information contained  within correspondence traded during contact information.  It is personal, it is home, it is my family, and I resent having to route it through un-necessary channels.  Please have the Contractors reconsider.  Put ALL the contact info in the post.  This is no one else's business but the parties involved in the job.  The way things are reading here, and now, we do not even have the benefit of knowing who the hell we are even replying to!

Thank you, Petergunn

P.S.  I will also post in the Administrative section under Discussion for the benefit of the posting Contractors if you think this is their responsibility and not the 'Bar's'.  Again, thanks.

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #124709. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGBB
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Routing contact info... Admin 1/5/2004 4:17:00 PM
Dear Mister Big Cheese, Petergunn 1/3/2004 12:13:00 PM