Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Cordless Drill - Need recommendation

I bought a 9.6V pro series and within two months, one of the batteries would not hold a charge. I only used it for building parts and rarely to core feeder in the easement.

It was a tough drill, I'll give it that - but both of the batteries completely stopped taking a charge within 6 months. I took it back to sears and they said I could send it in for warranty... shipping at my expense. Nothing could be done over the counter even with the manager.

One big difference is the speeds, a craftsman is 1100-1300 RPM max, and the DeWalt is 2000-2200 RPM.

I am glad you have had good luck with yours. I will not buy one again... I do like the new makitas. I bought one of thier 1/4" drive impacts and it is the best tool I have ever bought. The size and weight is so small for the output (2000 rpm and 800 in lbs) that it has already paid for itself in time saved building parts. It is definitely an awesome tool.

As far as the DeWalt's, I have heard the same - if used commercially, they will not warranty. I have never needed the warranty so I have yet to verify if it is true.

I know some guys that have used thier 18V DeWalts to frame poles... You have to admit that's a mean drill.

Thanks for your input, it is nice to know that they are not all crap. Maybe I got a bad set of batts?

Dunno, but the thing that "unsold" me on them was when I took it back. There was no chance of getting a replacement. I used to spend 200-300 bucks a payday there. I have been spending most of my time at Home Desperate and Ebay lately.

-Vic
you need to have enough wisdom to keep from making the wrong decisions but enough courage to make the right ones
This is CABL.com posting #124322. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mGvm
Posted in reply to: Re: Cordless Drill - Need recommendation by SCcabledude
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Cordless Drill - Need recommendation YYYMMan 1/14/2004 3:41:00 PM