Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Satellite Installers Union Needed !!

What I found with dealers being a dealer myself, is that Dish Network continues to take our incentives away. Co-Op advertising is not what it used to be and the pre copy is horse ****. The cost of doing business has gone up and the amount we get paid for equipment, flex and installation has gone down. It is hard to spend the amount that it costs to do advertising for our product and while having to float those costs for such a long period of time. I am a dealer with small pockets and floating several thousands of dollars for 30 days or more is very hard to do. But I still pay all of my techs $100.00 for there installs, and help them buy what ever tools they need for the job. It is not just the tecj taking the fall in this game is the whole industry. And I still say that a Union would give us all a voice to fight price fixing and low pay rates. DBS equipment is the only business that I know of were as the business owner buys at wholesale and has to sell at wholesale to the consumer (that is price fixing) if you had owned your own dealership you would understand what I am saying. We all need to stick together to make a change for the better.

Sincerely
Jonathan Knudsen
This is CABL.com posting #103989. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mBdp
Posted in reply to: Re: Satellite Installers Union Needed !! by SWeePTeK
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Satellite Installers Union Needed !! mitch5 4/15/2003 2:40:00 PM