Create your free account now! Sign up

Money Owed Advice

Hi,

Im hoping for some suggestions in the following matter:

I was a employee working both my regular shift and also doing work on the side at home for a certain cable engineering company.
My employer was doing this work for adelphia cable whos president got busted for a variety of financial offenses and cauced adelphia to go bankrupt with them owing a lot of contractors like my employers company a lot of money.
We all got layed off out of the blue one day and not only did we not receive the customary 2 checks when someone gets laid off but we didnt even receive one. Needless to say I never got paid for the thousands of dollars of work that I did at home either.
Since then my employer claims to have gone bankrupt and basically says we will get paid when adelphia pays him, and that we will get paid by the bankruptcy courts directly.
What sort of legal recourses would someone like me have? Do I have no other choice but to wait for the money from the bankruptcy courts since both of the companies have gone bankrupt or would it be in my best interests to sue either my ex-employer or go for the bigger fish in adelphia cable? Or is there other options available for someone in my position?(confused)

Thx in advance.

This is CABL.com posting #99529. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mz3t
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Money Owed Advice BgNt 3/1/2003 2:26:00 PM
Re: Money Owed Advice CableJoeX 3/1/2003 9:39:00 AM
Re: Money Owed Advice prohook 2/28/2003 11:39:00 PM