Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gainmaker return input pads

Yes, I know John Samoluk. He was the manager there at the time I was there. But now that I think about it, I was there with SA around 1995, around the time that John had been hospitalized. I saw him a few years afterwards at some cable show in much better health. I want to say that it was either in Cartagena, Colombia (Andina Link) or at the Los Angeles/Anaheim (Western Show). Believe he went with Avantron. Well, being up there, you must know a good friend from the old days....Bill Ladoux (Ex-Wavetek, Calan, Avatron man).

As for the SA amplifier cascade in Montreal. Well, been a long time ago and I can't exactly remember what the issues were there. But, I can say that they would have been instructed to hit the input FLAT, with the built-in interstage tilt, pad/equalize at bandedges to achieve proper outputs...as long as the amplifier being balanced was not faulty or out-of-specification.

Now I remember. I was with Philips in Windsor assisting on sweep issues on the old Magnavox 450-MHz mainliners. I got the trips mixed up...lol. I have also done some training missions up in Clagary, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Halifax, Truro, London, Missasauga, Toronto and many other places throughout the (canada) Provinces for various companies.

It has been a while since i've been in Canada for work related reasons. I still have family in Buffalo, NY and go to Fort Erie and Niagria Falls from time to time...but not like the old days. Still wish I had some good old "Labatt's Blue". (beerchug)

This is CABL.com posting #98902. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mzTm
Posted in reply to: Re: Gainmaker return input pads by Joe50
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Gainmaker return input pads Joe50 2/24/2003 9:32:00 AM