Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What's Up With Db Communications

Well said Plantman...only one problem. In the real world subs are treated like dirt because they have no fiscal, legal, or political power. Throw the question out there and I'll bet at least 75% of the subs will tell you they were cheated out of earned pay. Yes, there are guys doing crap work, and there are whiners but there are still the guys who do the job right and on time and they get screwed. Personally, I had a contractor run out on me when I first started, owing me $4000. (1980 dollars). The trailer was cleaned out and the phones turned off. Cox had paid them and so there was no excuse. Except the fact that they knew I didn't have the money to try and chase them down legally. I was put in the position, as a supervisor a few years later, to decide who gets paid and who gets the excuses. Seems the company was using the subs to finance the building of thier new offices. Did they all get paid? Finally. I quit in disgust. Recently I did a walkout project, same old story "uh we ain't been paid by the prime....but we'll pay you just as soon as we get ours". Let's see, that was three years ago. Right now I've been waiting on a job for 31/2 months....it's gonna be starting reeeeal soon - right. So the truth is that this forum IS the place, maybe the only place, where the hardest working and most taken-advantage-of people in cable can vent. It sure beats screaming at the walls in some crummy motel 1000 miles from home.
'Nuff Said
This is CABL.com posting #98800. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mzRI
Posted in reply to: Re: What's Up With Db Communications by plantman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: What's Up With Db Communications plantman 2/22/2003 8:12:00 PM