Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Companies...in general

Over the last five years it has been difficult to break out of the sub mentality and become a prime. Some of the problems are; We the subs are never allowed to bid on a project - wouldn't it be nice to know when projects are coming up and have the opportunity to submit a bid. I know local MSO managers like using the same people but wouldn't it be unique to get more than one bid on a project. All I hear is how much money they are losing each quarter - wonder why? Another major problem with the industry is getting paid for completed work. If you miss paying your cable bill by 30 days your shut off. If the MSO or Prime fail to pay you in 30 days, you have little recource if you want to continue working in this industry.

There are a few of us left that are competent at our trade and capable of starting and finishing projects. I for one would support some sort of standardized system to control pricing and the industry - not a union. Maybe we could develop a standard price payout for each region of the US. This way we can see what the industry is paying in our neck of the woods and findout what the real truth is when it come to payout.
This is CABL.com posting #97673. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mzzx
Posted in reply to: Companies...in general by realsurf
There are 0 replies to this message