Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ?? about satellite and res CATV installs...

I have a satellite installation contract and I'm also an in-house supervisor for a prime that installs Broadband modems. One of my contractors for the prime asked me for satellite work when modem work was slow and he never wanted to go back to cable. He still works for me now. He works about 3-5 hours per day, 5 days per week and makes $1000.00+ per week. He will never go back to cable as long as I keep this contract.

> I supervise our installers and Service technicians for our area, and we also have 3-6 contractors at any given time. I can tell you that the invoices for contractors on average is $900-$1300 dollars a week. Like mentioned above, after all expenses you can plan on $800-$1000 a week. Gas and insurance being the largest. Usually a pretty substanial insurance policy is required(but affordable). Basic install tools would be required. You most likely have a ladder, and belt and if you have a meter probably under $100 dollars would get you going. If at all possible and available in you area, LEARN HOW TO DO BROADBAND INSTALLS. Obviously you know your way around on a computer, and these are such easy money. I know my contractors would just about paint my house as long as I throw these jobs their way. If you do good work and get along well with customers you could have a long gig in your area. Good, responsible contractors that do not cut corners are hard to find, and when you do you keep them around for a long time. Good luck.
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am a seasoned contracting splicer and cannot find any work near home. I see many ads for install work- both sat. and reg cable- and am curious as to what a new venture might bring.
> > What, on average, does a sat. install pay and how many, on avg, can a top producer complete. What do I look out for when looking for the work? What special tools are required?
> >
> > What about the same for CATV installs?
> >
> > If anyone has any info on the above, I would greatly appreciate it: (-REDACTED-)
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your time,
> >
> > Victor Solesky
This is CABL.com posting #94157. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myEP
Posted in reply to: Re: ?? about satellite and res CATV installs... by Docsis1
There are 0 replies to this message