Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: ?? about satellite and res CATV installs...

I supervise our installers and Service technicians for our area, and we also have 3-6 contractors at any given time. I can tell you that the invoices for contractors on average is $900-$1300 dollars a week. Like mentioned above, after all expenses you can plan on $800-$1000 a week. Gas and insurance being the largest. Usually a pretty substanial insurance policy is required(but affordable). Basic install tools would be required. You most likely have a ladder, and belt and if you have a meter probably under $100 dollars would get you going. If at all possible and available in you area, LEARN HOW TO DO BROADBAND INSTALLS. Obviously you know your way around on a computer, and these are such easy money. I know my contractors would just about paint my house as long as I throw these jobs their way. If you do good work and get along well with customers you could have a long gig in your area. Good, responsible contractors that do not cut corners are hard to find, and when you do you keep them around for a long time. Good luck.

> Hello,
>
> I am a seasoned contracting splicer and cannot find any work near home. I see many ads for install work- both sat. and reg cable- and am curious as to what a new venture might bring.
> What, on average, does a sat. install pay and how many, on avg, can a top producer complete. What do I look out for when looking for the work? What special tools are required?
>
> What about the same for CATV installs?
>
> If anyone has any info on the above, I would greatly appreciate it: (-REDACTED-)
>
> Thank you in advance for your time,
>
> Victor Solesky
This is CABL.com posting #94153. Tiny Link: cabl.co/myEL
Posted in reply to: ?? about satellite and res CATV installs... by precision splicer
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: ?? about satellite and res CATV installs... lentechdtv 1/11/2003 11:06:00 PM