Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Rare Deer - Check it Out Dogs

Hey way to go Old Man Cable. I haven't taken one since I got the Piebald and that was back in Dec. of 96. Didn't get out this year for shotgun but I'm hopeing I can for muzzle loading. How big do you think your doe was? Guess that means you'll be having a lot of deer jerky to eat.Those does are better anyway. (smile)

> Piebald I have never seen a piebald deer in my area (western Pa.) but have seen a albino doe and a buck. This past Saturday I did kill the biggest doe I have ever seen in my 32 years hunting though.(blaster)
>
> > Your close to the right answer Old Man but not Quite right. It's known as Melanism Its a LACK of gentic cells that produce Melanin a chemical responsible for color in animals.
> > Albinos have none Piebalds have a few cells. Here in Ohio they say maybe 5 Piebalds a year are taken out of the 120,000 deer harvested and they seem to be mostly Does. That I would say makes them fairly rare. How about where your from are they any around your area?
> >
> > > Could be old man...wouldn't be the first time I've had smoke blown my way. I'm not a deer hunter, but the ol' boys who told me that get pretty serious about deer season...but I can handle the fools hat for a day.(wink)
> > >
> > > > Someone is blowing smoke up your ass xmod, its a whitetail that has inferior genes. Just like an albino deer has inferior pigmentation genes that cause the albino effect in all animals. You get the fools hat today.(joker)
> > > >
> > > > > I know there are a few of these in western Kentucky....I'm told it's a cross of whitetail and fallow (which is sort of cream colored deer).
> > > > >
> > > > > > How many of ya dogs ever seen one of these?(flack)
> > > > > >
> > > > > > http://www.cafeshops.com/WhitetailDeer
This is CABL.com posting #91969. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mx5x
Posted in reply to: Re: Rare Deer - Check it Out Dogs by old man cable
There are 0 replies to this message