Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Charter Layoffs...

Perhaps...

Then again this isn't some years ago; it's 2002 and regardless of how Wall Street spins it, we've seen the biggest down-turn in the economy since the great depression and a near term reversal exists only in the dreams of stockholders and incumbent politicians.

The roaring 90s are over and sadly the DOW is still trading at 50 times earnings; it should be 20. All that talk about how profits didn't matter and we had entered a new age where cycles were over and everything was going to go up from now on was nonsense.

I believe the layoffs at Charter, not unlike the layoffs at Boeing, United, Ford, Merrill Lynch and all the rest, are an attempt to survive. I pray it works! (Except for the stock brokers of course who knowingly sold dog sh_t IPOs to the working people in this country and in my opinion should be led off in handcuffs to spend the rest of their lives in cell block B with Bubba)

No fact of course-just cable dawg opinion.

> Very interesting press, Magi. My concern is the impact on customer care that these sweeping layoffs are going to create. It's almost the classic "Right thing for the wrong reason" scenario. Trying to metric down the ratio of customer contact personnel to customers is really reaching for the stars. There are scientific/engineering statistics for both the engineering customer service sides for proficient deployment of field staff to accommodate various types of customers. For example, how many Network Technicians per customers on a full two-way 750MHz or greater plant via 500, 1,000 or whatever node size has a solution. Directly related are the inside customer contact personnel ratio to inbound calls, ASA's, and the sales quotient.
>
> Some years ago, Cox shelved the conventional wisdom and invested greatly into customer care satisfaction. The tradeoff was obviously the margin. After years of support the payoff has enabled tremendous rewards i.e., DBS customers are going back to cable in droves via the upgraded networks, wait/on-hold times are typically less than 30 seconds, and most importantly are the competencies of the people actually providing service to these customers. It's improving every day.
>
> Back to my original point, I just don't want to see a very good company like Charter go south for the wrong reasons.....
>
> Just my opinion, I could be wrong. DM
>
> > http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/newsurl.asp?doc_id=NR200212121180.3_643a0029f095e143&returnurl=fp.asp%3Flayout=displaynews%26doc_id=NR200212121180.3_643a0029f095e143%26ticker=CHTR%26l=ticker_news%26sym=CHTR%26s=1 > >
This is CABL.com posting #91923. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mx4N
Posted in reply to: Re: Charter Layoffs... by Zoots Alures
There are 0 replies to this message