Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Charter Layoffs...

Very interesting press, Magi. My concern is the impact on customer care that these sweeping layoffs are going to create. It's almost the classic "Right thing for the wrong reason" scenario. Trying to metric down the ratio of customer contact personnel to customers is really reaching for the stars. There are scientific/engineering statistics for both the engineering customer service sides for proficient deployment of field staff to accommodate various types of customers. For example, how many Network Technicians per customers on a full two-way 750MHz or greater plant via 500, 1,000 or whatever node size has a solution. Directly related are the inside customer contact personnel ratio to inbound calls, ASA's, and the sales quotient.

Some years ago, Cox shelved the conventional wisdom and invested greatly into customer care satisfaction. The tradeoff was obviously the margin. After years of support the payoff has enabled tremendous rewards i.e., DBS customers are going back to cable in droves via the upgraded networks, wait/on-hold times are typically less than 30 seconds, and most importantly are the competencies of the people actually providing service to these customers. It's improving every day.

Back to my original point, I just don't want to see a very good company like Charter go south for the wrong reasons.....

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. DM

> http://hoovnews.hoovers.com/newsurl.asp?doc_id=NR200212121180.3_643a0029f095e143&returnurl=fp.asp%3Flayout=displaynews%26doc_id=NR200212121180.3_643a0029f095e143%26ticker=CHTR%26l=ticker_news%26sym=CHTR%26s=1 >
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #91886. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mx4c
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Charter Layoffs... hwhisman 12/16/2002 11:42:00 AM
Hello Zoots... Magi 12/16/2002 1:34:00 AM