Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: TRAP INSTALLS - IMMEDIATE

Apparently, since you no longer work for them then there must have been something wrong. Maybe it was that you spent to much time at each address. Maybe it ws you weren't getting paid enough. Or, maybe it was because tehre wasn't enough work. Whatever the case may be, you no longer work there. If it was such a hot deal you would still be there. as for the traps, I am not saying that the price for removal is bad. I just stated that it could be higher. We pride ourselves in paying out 65% to the tech, no matter what we get paid. We do just fine and our techs do really well because they get what they are worht. If you do the math, sir, you will see that even at $5 a trap to put them on, it will be hard to make money in Long Island. You may get 50 if you are lucky. Out of over a million homes, you will only be puting on 200,000. (if that)That isn't good money in N.Y. Like I said, if you were making such good money then you would still be there.

> Your message is bull. Instead of sitting there and bashing a company, why don't you offer something better?
>
> I worked for this company for a short while and I watched every day as the management killed themselves to make sure that the guys there had a place to stay, had food to eat, and had the workload that they wanted.
>
> I did a trap project for Cox in florida, for $3.50 a trap at approximately 80 to 100 a day. That's a $1700+ work week! Many consider trap installs to be easier than removals, and it's paying $1.50 more than a removal. You do the math.
>
> Talking trash only shows the kind of management/employees that your company has.
>
>
> > Now this is what I mean by robbing the tech. This guy is getting $9.00 to PUT ON traps and only wants to give $5. This is for an a day of driving that will be over a hundred miles. He is getting $7.00 to take them off. I guess I just don't understand why these people have to take so much money when the tech is the one out there busting his ass and puting miles their truck. I do understand a company has to make money, but what is fair? Maybe if this guy would pay more than he would get better help and a guy would have more incentive to knock more out a day. A guy can go to Prince and make $4 for the same thing. Shop around guys before you put your trust in someone that is taking so much from the tech. God Bless and Merry Christmas
> >
> > > Long Island - Immediate Start - Experienced Techs Only
> > > 6000 trap installs before Christmas $5/Trap - $4/IDU Removed
> > > 3000 trap removals to follow 3.50/Trap
> > >
> > > Digital Converter upgrade $17/1st Converter - $8/Add'l Converter ... Includes Wiring Maintenance - 45% Rewire Ratio @ Add'l Rate
> > >
> > > Plenty of Work ... Funding in place!!
> > >
> > > Direct Tech or Qualified Companies Only ... No 2nd Sub or Head Hunters!
> > >
> > >
> > > Cross Island Cable
> > > (-REDACTED-)
> > > 631-577-0200
> > >
This is CABL.com posting #91418. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mxWE
Posted in reply to: Re: TRAP INSTALLS - IMMEDIATE by Raydr
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: TRAP INSTALLS - IMMEDIATE Raydr 12/11/2002 3:59:00 PM