Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: TO FREAK OF THE WEAK of mind

Calm down people (you know which I am writing of). If something like this gets your panties in a wad, just check out some of the power lineman's bulletin boards. The guys there get their egos enflamed if anybody that isn't past power lineman apprentice tries to call themselves a lineman, including any cable or telephone workers. Since cable doesn't have true apprentice and journeyman classifications, some people are called linemen who can only do coax and/or strand. Not a lineman myself, but know that just because you can lay coax doesn't mean that you can string fiber. Some lineman only string coax, and with their years of experience and quality of their work still deserve the title lineman IMO. Any person that works hard and does quality work deserves respect, whether they string coax, beat ground rods, or clean toilets. I think when they said fiber lineman they meant lineman with plenty of fiber experience...they're just looking for a worker, and surely not concerned with someone getting upset over a petty linguistic disagreement.
This is CABL.com posting #88342. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mw82
Posted in reply to: Re: TO FREAK OF THE WEAK of mind by Wife of a cable guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: TO FREAK OF THE WEAK of mind shadowj1 11/3/2002 5:57:00 PM