Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cable sucks

> Zoots, The only foliage I deal with these days is of the common houseplant variety. I also have a bit to do with the RF type.

<<Tuche' Plantman!>>

> Your pitch lamenting the high cost of switching devices etc. is certainly true, but the folks who fork out the money are ultimatley your customers. I believe that if the ROI is not acceptable, tha plant will not get upgraded or built unless mandated by franchise requirerments.

<<That was (The Switch scenario) just one example of the ROI. Today, these operators are diligently grinding their pencils down in an attempt to wring-out as much cash-flow and launch new revenue streams while simultaneously in search of the wholly-grail of the five 9's i.e, 99.999% reliable! You need hard greenbacks for that project.

<<You're correct about the franchise authority and languages calling for full(Bandwidth)upgrades et al., albeit when capital is available at attractive rates the MSO's may favor in jumping on the opportunity to invest another, say $125-300 per subscriber in such an upgrade/reliability project where the returns are potentially staggering. I digress......>> The only MSO's that have ever not made a decent margin have been bought by those who know how to turn the numbers. <<And I serve at the pleasure of one of these terrific companies.>>

<<Frank's Uncle Remus also said: ..I'll take a drive through, Beverly Hills just before dawn and knock the little Jockies off the rich peole's lawn....and before they get up, I'll be gone!!!!!>>
(cool)

> >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
Zoots Alures - Minds are like parachutes. They don't work if they ain't open {Fz}
This is CABL.com posting #87056. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mwOi
Posted in reply to: Re: cable sucks by plantman
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: cable sucks plantman 10/21/2002 7:05:00 PM