Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: u know whats funny

that's the problem with this whole mess, right now. The guy sitting in a chair behind a desk does NOT know what it takes to get the job done. They bid lower than the other guys to get the job, figure out how much it's going to cost him to run the job and add a "little" profit. Then they tell us what they'll pay us to go do the job. then once you get there on site, you have to find the cheapest hotel and even cook in your room with a hot plate, because you still have to fuel the truck, pay for insurance, buy food and coffee ( never mind the bills for the homestead ). Then they come and tell you about all the extras they want done for nothing, because they didn't add it in when they did their bid (because they don't know what it takes to do the job)but the owner had it in their info for the bid. Then they only give you 8 to 10 locations per day. GEE,..... Why can't all the bills get paid??????
If you hire a plumber or a general contractor to do work on your home, you don't tell him what you're going to pay him for a job you want done, he tells you what the job will cost you. Maybe, we should all get together and start saying that if the footage is under X footage per span, the cost to have it rebuilt is A. If the footage is Y ft span, the cost is B.
Ground rods are part of the construction job, not retro splicing. Extras cost C. and so on. if you don't think AOL, Charter, AT&T, and the others can't afford it, look at what they drive and wear. Look at the buildings that they have. They're making profits,...don't let them kid you !!!

> i had some of these job offerers send me prices and ask me to drive out to ca. or ny.. the prices they send are somewhat above average. but what they don't tell u is that the cost of living is rediculess. ca. coast, a dump will cost u $280 plus per week(i know i'm here). before christmas last year i was on the east coast (mass.) the same.
> they say no one wants to travel, sh** i hav'nt worked around my home state in years, prices are so low there, can't even make aliving. for example,
> primes, call an electrician, or a cable company and ask them what they charge for a wall fish? a true wallfish, (u guys that have been in this for a few years know what i'm talking about) do u think they would come out for 5,10 bucks and do a perfect attic crawl, drop the chain etc. down thru an interier wall for 5 or 10 bucks?? some of u know what a mid span is, 2.50 i've seen em that low, if a strand snaps, pole breaks, will that 2.50 take care of u or god forbid your familly, if the fall kills u?? do u think that some of these guys asking us to work for these prices are gonna be there for u?? sh** 1/2 of them here today will be gone tomorrow!!
> u know i don't really care if some of u don't like what i've wrote, oppinions are like asshoes and we all have one.
> so this goes out to all u new guys just jumpin in to make that easy cash or for what ever reason, THINK ABOUT IT FIRST, BE SAFE. and to u guys setting behind the desk bidding these jobs, yea theres always gonna be somone who'll do it, but before u bid or even split the money, ask urself would i do it for that price? remember u get what u pay for.
This is CABL.com posting #83940. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvZ2
Posted in reply to: u know whats funny by chief491
There are 0 replies to this message