Create your free account now! Sign up

u know whats funny

i had some of these job offerers send me prices and ask me to drive out to ca. or ny.. the prices they send are somewhat above average. but what they don't tell u is that the cost of living is rediculess. ca. coast, a dump will cost u $280 plus per week(i know i'm here). before christmas last year i was on the east coast (mass.) the same.
they say no one wants to travel, sh** i hav'nt worked around my home state in years, prices are so low there, can't even make aliving. for example,
primes, call an electrician, or a cable company and ask them what they charge for a wall fish? a true wallfish, (u guys that have been in this for a few years know what i'm talking about) do u think they would come out for 5,10 bucks and do a perfect attic crawl, drop the chain etc. down thru an interier wall for 5 or 10 bucks?? some of u know what a mid span is, 2.50 i've seen em that low, if a strand snaps, pole breaks, will that 2.50 take care of u or god forbid your familly, if the fall kills u?? do u think that some of these guys asking us to work for these prices are gonna be there for u?? sh** 1/2 of them here today will be gone tomorrow!!
u know i don't really care if some of u don't like what i've wrote, oppinions are like asshoes and we all have one.
so this goes out to all u new guys just jumpin in to make that easy cash or for what ever reason, THINK ABOUT IT FIRST, BE SAFE. and to u guys setting behind the desk bidding these jobs, yea theres always gonna be somone who'll do it, but before u bid or even split the money, ask urself would i do it for that price? remember u get what u pay for.
This is CABL.com posting #83816. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mvX2
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: u know whats funny MANDD 9/18/2002 7:26:00 PM
Re: u know whats funny getting tired 9/16/2002 10:03:00 PM
Re: u know whats funny jcabledude 9/15/2002 4:31:00 PM