Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Utility Meter Reading (Remote)

Thanks Joe,
Most of the installations I have seen here at Comcast-SW Fla have utility meters next to the service input. There are about 2500 supplies deployed around this area. I am trying to figure how FPL bills them for service at each drop location. I can't imagine that they have a tech visit each one every month to record the numbers, (assuming it is even accessible-nonpole mounted). And if this is true about estimating or billing based on the rating of the supply being used, not the actual load present, then imagine how much these MSO's are being overcharged! How many supplies are actually are running at full load? I don't know any of them that do that or for that matter even at 80% load. I know Acterna has embedded transponders to remote monitor the power supply variables (AC In/AC Out), and I am trying to see what it would take to incorporate that technology to provide the MSO with an actual cost of kW/hour used at each supply and eliminate the need for truck rolls to read meters or estimate (overbill) the MSO.

Thanks.(idea)
This is CABL.com posting #80251. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mu2x
Posted in reply to: Re: Utility Meter Reading (Remote) by Joe50
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Utility Meter Reading (Remote) vaswptech 8/6/2002 7:09:00 PM