Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: JUST ANOTHER OPINION ON UNIIONS

YOU HIT IT ON THE HEAD DUDE! WHAT DO YOU DO? DON'T KNOW
! YOU MATCHED MY COMMENTS IN UNMODERATED. PETERGUNN IS A
LITTLE UPSET WITH ME BUT THAT'S BEEN LIFE FOR HIM. NOT
MOST OF US DOGS OUT THERE. TIMES HAVEN'T ALWAYS BEEN LIKE
THIS BUT BUBBA IT'S EXACTLY HOW IT IS NOW! GOOD LUCK TO YOU
AND THE REST OF THE DOGS.(clap)(beerchug)
> I'm not sure what we need in this industry, I have worked for very large primes and very small subs as well as in house for customers, in my experience I have seen the best and the worse, I'm not sure if we need a union or not but I am sure that we need something. example; a very small contractor gets a good contract and everything is going well, the customer is very pleased with the work and tells the owner that he has these other three jobs that he wants this contractor to do, the contractor goes there and get's screwed, I mean how many times have we been told we have the work and the materials and then when we get there we have to hurry up and waite for a week or a month, anyway this contractor goes and sets everything up just to work for a week and find out that the materials that were there had to be transfered to another job because the deadlines on this other job were more important so shut down for a couple months, well now the comtractor is left holding the bill for starting up, shutting down as well as all other cost's, I don't know anyone who has that kind of money to spare time and time again, I think we need to do something about this kind of crap, we need to stand together and as far as the workers go, what do we do when a prime does not pay a sub, there are no gigs and and no reason for not paying, yes we have labor laws but when you live in FL. and the work was done in CA. well then we have to go to CA. hire a lawyer and come back to go to court and hope that it will not be continued because then that will be another trip, and all the while you are traveling back and forth you could have been working for someone else and making money to feed your family, I for one do not have the money nor the time to travel to persue these crooks and they know this and that is one of the reasons they keep doing this crap, like I said I'm not sure what we need other than to unite and weed out these crooks. years ago I went to a six year job that lastedd two months, because the system we were rebuilding had not paid tax's in so long that when the state finally got them, they had no money left for the rebuild, it shut down all production for two years in that state, the project mgr that hired me for that job went against the company and not only made sure I got my last check he also took money out of his own pocket so I could go to the next job down the line, to this day I have nothing but respect for this man and he has called me to work on his jobs several times, I never question what he tells me but when I look at other jobs I have to wonder what I am getting into, it should not be that way, with all the contractors and customers out there hiring we should not have to be scared of what we are getting into, catv is not rocket science we know what we are doing and we should be able to concentrate on that and not have to be shade tree lawyers and shade tree bill collectors. anyway these are some of my opinions not here to piss anyone off just here to voice what I think.
This is CABL.com posting #75818. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtS2
Posted in reply to: JUST ANOTHER OPINION ON UNIIONS by linedogJJD13
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: JUST ANOTHER OPINION ON UNIIONS Petergunn 6/22/2002 11:32:00 PM