Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Seperation of Guilt

Hello, and good morning,

This is good topic.  I wanted to speak last time on a similar subject; Who's Responsible?,  I ran ou t of time at the desk and ended up traveling instead.

Ultimately, we are responsible.  Ir-regardless of who owes me, if I owe employees then I have to pay even if it means forfeiting my own pay, house, or ranch.  I learned the hard way in 1984 when several men I had fired joined the efforts by pooling their lasy checks and going to the Labor Board and posting bond.  After they posted bond they were allowed to place allegations against me.  The Labor Board came to my offices and replaced my locks with theirs and informed me that I no longer was permitted to pay money, accept money, or work until after I have seen the judge.  Three months awy and I had no reserve cash to carry me through.  I was finished and at the same time I was mostly innocent of everything these knuckleheads had accussed me of.  The agent from the Labor Board said," You are probably right in your decisions concerning this issue.  Usually I see upset employees bringfalse accusations against previous employers, yet, we have to protect the worker and this is their right to have their day in court."   He informed me that right or wrong, I needed to have at least six months reserve cash on hand, in order that employers could undergo such damaging restrictions and not be driven to broke.  Always and forever know that without reserve cas you may easily be destroyed, guilty or not.

This next question of seperating the chaff from the grain, good from the bad is, in my opinion, the toughest question to appear.  a not for lack of an answer, but because within in nearly every circle or group there are those who cheat, lie, and steal.  In the most respectfull manner possible it is imortant for several reasons to confront this.  I believe ZEUS or MAGI  had good advice on how-to-confront-others.  It is important for every one not invo;ved in this behavior to hold others accountable by questioning their actions.  If you are having no luck changing attitudes then sever this relationship.  It is not possible to be a lover of truth if in our taking care of ourselves we allow dishonest ones to sit with us.  You are a partner-in-crime when illegal or un-ethical behavior is not challenged and if you do not leave...

No matter how good it seems to feel having someone give you praise...if it is not true then say so.  Stand up for Truth.  I gotta; get out the door and make some money.  Thanks for asking, and I am looking forward to talking again soon.

Petergunn Lookstwice

Where there are no alternatives, there is no problem...Petergunn Lookstwice-2001.
This is CABL.com posting #75245. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mtJN
Posted in reply to: Seperation of Guilt by lonestargod
There are 0 replies to this message