Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who am I, Where am I, Global Broadband Plus BD

It is an unfortunate fact that what our friend "Zeph" says is right on target.  My first impression when working with Brian Mack, was that he was  hard working, and eager to learn sweep and ingress/CLI  mitigation techniques.  He in fact didn't have a solid foundation in that line of work; his years working in construction and rough balance did however provide a decent foundation for learning and I think in the two years he did work there he was well on the way to becoming a really competent sweep tech.  In fact I believe that Brian would never have slithered into that dark morass of deception had Brett Duett not slowly but surely destroyed Global Broadband Plus. Much could be written about that, but that is best left to posterity and the history of failed cable companies.   Then again, I suppose one can't lead a moral and upstanding human to do wrong if he hasn't already put one foot on the precipice. 

I am however constantly amazed at how many contract folks actually survive in this business even when they have been found to be unreliable and untrustworthy.  It's no wonder that most MSO's have a jaundiced view of contractors.  It hurts our business terribly.  I don't suppose that will ever change though will it?

This is CABL.com posting #70262. Tiny Link: cabl.co/msrq
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Who am I, Where am I, Global Broadband Plus BD cableguy14us 5/1/2002 10:34:00 AM